In a never-ending quest for ways to help you create satisfying and profitable voice over careers, I’m going to be creating a new class on something that more people want to know about than any other aspect of VO.
(I know because I surveyed you all earlier this year, and this topic was the resounding winner.)
That topic is pricing your VO work.
So, I’m going to create a class on pricing, and I want to know exactly what information you’d like. Would you be so kind as to tell me what you want?
I completely get it.
You get all this wonderful training on how to record well, tell a story, do great auditions, find clients and serve them…but no one tells you what to charge!
I’d like to change all that.
And I’m going to make it really simple: just leave a comment below that tells me what you’d like to see in the ultimate pricing class. You can be as detailed as you like. Ask for the moon. Tell me what you want.
- what to charge for an IVR prompt (or any other type of work)
- how much to ask for when doing pickups
- whether union rates matter to non-union people
- how to bill and how to collect
- where the most current union rates are listed
- should I charge less because I’m just starting out
- how to make a client happy to pay
- how to give clients payment options
- and so on.
And if you’d like to send me an email on what you’d like, I’m happy to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s build the best VO pricing class and weave it into the VO2GoGo.com class curriculum.
Hope this helps.