From Wikipedia: Antony and Cleopatra is a tragedy by William Shakespeare. The play was probably performed first in about 1607 at Blackfriars Theatre or the Globe Theatre by the King’s Men. Its first known appearance in print was in the First Folio of 1623. The plot is based on Thomas North’s translation of Plutarch’s Lives and follows the relationship between Cleopatra and Mark Antony from the time of the Sicilian revolt to Cleopatra’s suicide during the Final War of the Roman Republic. The major antagonist is Octavius Caesar, one of Antony’s fellow triumviri, of the Second Triumvirate and the first emperor of the Roman Empire. The tragedy is set in Rome and Egypt, characterized by swift, panoramic shifts in geographical locations and in registers, alternating between sensual, imaginative Alexandria and the more pragmatic, austere Rome.
Get this William Shakespeare classic, formatted in screenplay style, ready for use with Rehearsal.
Why Shakespeare Screenplays?
Shakespeare Screenplays gives you classic Shakespeare scripts custom formatted in familiar screenplay format.
No more trying to figure out words, no more odd fonts, no more strange page layouts that make working with Shakespeare that much harder.
Work with the clean, beautifully simple, familiar screenplay layout that professional actors use every time they audition or work.
Why try to slog through Shakespeare with this:
…when you can work smarter and faster with this:
- Industry standard PDF – no more printing web pages
Courier 12 font– simple and easy to read
- Single line spacing – the TV drama spacing standard
- Line numbers intact – find where you are in the script easily
- Aligned role names – find your lines in a snap
- BBC/USA standard line blocks – familiar and easy to read
- (MORE)…(cont.) notations – perfect for long speeches
- Page numbers upper right – right where you expect them
- Print or electronic use – use on paper or on screen
- Inexpensive – $4.99 each, $149.99 for all 37 scripts (a 20% discount!)
And best of all, all of these scripts work perfectly with the industry standard app for learning lines and rehearsing scenes, Rehearsal.
You can get Rehearsal in the iTunes App Store directly on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, or by clicking here.
Instantly download the Shakespeare Screenplay of William Shakespeare’s Antony and Cleopatra in PDF format:
or, instantly download the entire collection of all 37 of Shakespeare Screenplays in PDF format: