From Wikipedia: Twelfth Night, or What You Will, is a comedy by William Shakespeare, believed to have been written around 1601–02 as a Twelfth Night’s entertainment for the close of the Christmas season. The play centres on the twins Viola and Sebastian, who are separated in a shipwreck. Viola (who is disguised as a boy) falls in love with Duke Orsino, who in turn is in love with the Countess Olivia. Upon meeting Viola, Countess Olivia falls in love with her thinking she is a man.
The play expanded on the musical interludes and riotous disorder expected of the occasion, with plot elements drawn from the short story “Of Apollonius and Silla” by Barnabe Rich, based on a story by Matteo Bandello. The first recorded performance was on 2 February 1602, at Candlemas, the formal end of Christmastide in the year’s calendar. The play was not published until its inclusion in the 1623 First Folio.
Get this William Shakespeare classic, formatted in screenplay style, ready for use with Rehearsal.
Why Shakespeare Screenplays?
Shakespeare Screenplays gives you classic Shakespeare scripts custom formatted in familiar screenplay format.
No more trying to figure out words, no more odd fonts, no more strange page layouts that make working with Shakespeare that much harder.
Work with the clean, beautifully simple, familiar screenplay layout that professional actors use every time they audition or work.
Why try to slog through Shakespeare with this:
…when you can work smarter and faster with this:
- Industry standard PDF – no more printing web pages
Courier 12 font– simple and easy to read
- Single line spacing – the TV drama spacing standard
- Line numbers intact – find where you are in the script easily
- Aligned role names – find your lines in a snap
- BBC/USA standard line blocks – familiar and easy to read
- (MORE)…(cont.) notations – perfect for long speeches
- Page numbers upper right – right where you expect them
- Print or electronic use – use on paper or on screen
- Inexpensive – $4.99 each, $149.99 for all 37 scripts (a 20% discount!)
And best of all, all of these scripts work perfectly with the industry standard app for learning lines and rehearsing scenes, Rehearsal.
You can get Rehearsal in the iTunes App Store directly on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, or by clicking here.
Instantly download the Shakespeare Screenplay of William Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night in PDF format:
or, instantly download the entire collection of all 37 of Shakespeare Screenplays in PDF format: