VO2GoGo’s monthly award-winning VO2GoGO live intensives, given monthly in 4 LA and San Francisco venues, teach you everything you need to know to become a professional VO talent, from performing in all categories of voice work, expertise in all aspects of managing your VO career and proficiency in the tech tools you need to succeed as a pro in today’s marketplace. Below are upcoming classes and workshops that are currently open for registration, with links to get more info and to reserve your seat.
All courses we offer follow the current courses so you can plan your year of learning. (Dates are subject to change – check here for the most up-to-date information.)
Each day’s schedule of classes is identical. Choose the city most convenient for you this month.
Go from zero to hero.
Every January, the VO2GoGo curriculum begins anew, and is presented in a “zero-to-hero” fashion. You get the prerequisites at the beginning of the year, VO skill-building and voiceover career management training throughout, building on previous classes and the most advanced work toward the end of the year. (Don’t worry if you miss anything – you can jump into classes at any time, and pick up the classes you missed when they are offered again.)
Both the live VO2GoGo classes, the online eClasses and the video vClasses follow the same progression:
Mastering Home VO Gear
It used to be that going to your VO agent’s office or to a studio somewhere in the city to audition for a VO job was an almost daily event. Not anymore: to be a successful VO artist, you must have excellent home and portable VO equipment. The good news? It can cost you less than $200 to get all you need.
The skills you’ll get:
- types of studio equipment, and what you really need to succeed
- why you don’t always need to soundproof a room
- the trick for making your hotel room absolutely quiet
- the amazing audition app you might already be carrying in your pocket
- and more
• Mastering Microphone Technique
• Auditioning with Audacity
• Voicing Commercials – Part 1
• Voicing Commercials – Part 2
• Mastering The Art of Self-Direction
• Mastering ACX – Part 1
• Mastering ACX – Part 2
• Voicing Fiction Audiobooks
• Voicing Non-Fiction Audiobooks
• Voicing Children’s Audiobooks
• Recording for ACX with Audacity
• Mastering Cold Reading Of VO Scripts
• Voicing News and Info VO
• Voicing IVR and Phone Prompts
• Managing VO Clients and Projects
• Voicing Documentary Narration VO
• Voicing Animation and Videogames
• Mastering Voice123 – Part 1
• Mastering Voice123 – Part 2
• Voicing Digital and Internet VO
• Voicing Specialty Narration VO
• Mastering VO Marketing
• Creating Your Own VO Content
• Voicing Trailers and Promos
• Voicing Training and Industrial VO
• Mastering VO Social Networking
• Mutual Muscles
• Perfect VO Demos – Part 1
• Perfect VO Demos – Part 2
• Mastering Voicebank
• Mastering Voiceregistry
• Becoming a Union Signatory
• Annual Tune-up – Part 1
• Annual Tune-up – Part 2
• Finding a VO Agent
Learn where we teach, live.
Every month, there are four days that you can choose from, all giving the same courses.
So, no matter which live class you come to, you’ll get the same great VO2GoGo curriculum. Just choose the one that’s most convenient for you to attend.
You can come to class in the same city every month, you can choose a different city one month if you happen to be there instead of your usual class location, and as a Pro, you get first choice of seats: Participant (where you work on mic) and Auditor (where you don’t, but you get to watch the Participants work and be directed).
Learn where you live.
If you’re not in LA or San Francisco, you can still learn the exact same VO skills and management techniques by enrolling in our online classes, which follow the exact same course as our live classes, with manageable lessons coming to you every day.
Learn on video.
If you’re not in LA or San Francisco, you can still learn the exact same VO skills and management techniques by enrolling in our online classes, or by downloading our VO skill-building videos.
Need some help getting started?
Get location, cost and other information on the classes here, and here’s how to reserve your seat. Other workshops and appearances need to be booked via the organization sponsoring the event, and those details are on each event page.
If you are a VO2GoGo Pro or ProPlus member, reserve your seat above for any of these class days as a performing Participant or an observing Auditor on a first-come, first-served basis at no cost.